The GAPS Diet is a very popular diet that helps people suffering from health issues or those trying to improve their health and lifestyle. This diet is a great way to lose weight, build muscle or whatever other health need that requires fulfillment. The GAPS Diet is can be an important part of your life if you let it affect your life by following it properly.
Everyone wants that perfect body, or the perfect toned muscles that one dreams of, but fulfilling these dreams are a different matter altogether. The GAPS Diet is the true test of discipline and persistence and pushes you the brink to help you achieve your health goals.
This article though will only discuss one aspect of the GAPS Diet and a very important health issue also. Addressing this health issue can solve long term health problems for many people. This article will deal with the gut and how the GAPS Diet helps you clean the gut.
Recent research tells us that about 90% of the genetic material and cells in our bodies is our gut flora. So we’re just that other 10%, a shell providing a habitat for this mass of microbes. In a healthy person with healthy gut flora, this mass of microbes is dominated by the beneficial or ‘probiotic’ species, which are involved in all kinds of functions in the body.
The healthy gut microbes help in the following ways to keep you healthy and in shape:
- Protects you from invading transitional flora
- Maintains the health and integrity of your gut so it doesn’t get ‘leaky’
- Helps you digest your food and absorb nutrients
- Produces some of your B vitamins and Vitamin K
- Assists detoxification by breaking down toxins and sending them on their way out of your body
- Modulates your immune system, where they stand as sort of ‘guards’ blocking inappropriate proteins from getting in to your bloodstream
There is nothing wrong with the food, it’s the damaged gut lining that causes this phenomenon. Food allergies and intolerances can manifest as many symptoms in the body from headaches, abnormal behavior, to arthritis, and the reaction can show immediately, in a few hours, or in a few days. As these reactions overlap with each other, it becomes impossible for you to figure out what you’re reacting to on any given day.
The GAPS Diet heals all your gut lining problems quickly and it does this by addressing these critical areas:
- It provides large amounts of nourishing substances for your gut lining, including amino acids, gelatin, glucosamine, fat, vitamins, and minerals. Basically everything your gut lining is composed of.
- The GAPS Intro Diet removes fiber and other substances that can irritate your gut and interfere with healing. Most GAPS people have inflammation or ulcerations in their gut lining, which you may not be aware of. It’s estimated that 30% of people who have a leaky gut don’t have any digestive symptoms.
- The GAPS Intro Diet provides probiotic bacteria in foods right from the start. Cell regeneration in the gut lining is orchestrated by beneficial bacteria and healing starts when they show up.
- Foods are introduced gradually over the 6 Stages of the Intro Diet, which helps relieve diarrhea and food intolerances. All you have to do is listen to the wisdom of your body and be patient as it heals itself on its own schedule.
The GAPS Diet is a not just another regular diet, but one that improves your health while healing all the other problems in the body. Hence the GAPS Diet is highly recommended especially for gut problems.