Become A Patient
LEARN HOW WE WORK WITH PATIENTS
The Holistic Specialists clinicians embrace a functional medicine approach, combined with an emphasis on a nutrient-dense, whole-foods diet and focus on lifestyle factors such as stress management, sleep and physical activity.
The process of becoming a patient at Holistic Specialists patient is simple. Please follow the steps below for more information.
As a new patient, your treatment is broken into four phases:
- Free phone/office 30 minutes consultation (optional)
- Initial Consultation
- The Case Review Consultation
- Ongoing Treatment
1. Free phone/office 30 minutes consultation:
Is Functional Medicine right for me? Can I start without having any laboratory tests? Are the consultations covered by my health insurance? How much is going to cost me? How long are the treatments? All this questions and more can be answered by conducting a 30 minutes free consultation with one of our physicians or qualified staff who will answer all your questions and get you going.
If you agree to start the consultation process our staff will send you a confirmation for your first appointment that includes a comprehensive online health questionnaire. You will also ask to gather and bring with you all your past medical records (specially last years blood test results)
2. Initial Consultation:
The initial consultation is a 75 to 90 minute in-person or remote consultation (via video conference). The initial consultation consists in a comprehensive session where the Holistic Specialists will go over:
- A detailed body systems assessment.
- A thorough review of your medical history and relevant previous lab work.
- A review of your current diet and nutritional supplements.
- A treatment plan including diet, supplements and lifestyle therapies.
- Recommendations for further testing.
3. Case Review Consultation
The Case Review Consultation is a 75-minute in-person or remote consultation (via video conference appointment). Prior to the consultation, the Holistic Specialists will review the results from the labs that were ordered along with your Case Review paperwork, medical history, diet and supplement survey, assessment forms and relevant prior lab work. Then they will create a Report of Findings, which is broken into three parts:
- A summary of the underlying patterns that are contributing to your symptoms.
- An outline of the suggested treatment plan, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations.
- Recommendations for further testing (this will typically be minimal, if necessary at all, because of the completeness of the Case Review process)
During your consultation, the Holistic Specialists physician will present the Report of Findings as well as your treatment plan. They will also review all of your test results with you, discuss the results of your 30 day Reset, and answer any questions you have about the findings or the treatment plan.
4. Ongoing treatment
Once the Case Review is complete, you’ll have follow-up appointments on an as-needed basis throughout the remainder of your treatment plan.
The first follow-up appointment generally occurs between six and ten weeks after your Case Review Consultation. At that time, the Holistic Specialists physician will review your progress on the treatment plan, along with any follow-up test results, and make additional recommendations as necessary.
From there, the frequency of your follow-up appointments will depend upon the severity of your condition as well as your response to the treatment.
You may schedule follow-up appointments in person in our office, or have via phone or video conference. We ask that you do an ongoing consultation visit at least once per year.
Fee schedule for visits
The Holistic Specialists Functional Medicine consultations process is the most efficient way to determine the underlying causes of your health problems and design an effective treatment plan. The 4 stages consultation process is designed to save you money and time over the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation to maximize clinical effectiveness.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in the 4 stages consultation process so you can plan accordingly. All of these are billed at the beginning of each appointment.
- Free in person or remote 30 minutes consultation/orientation (optional) with a Holistic Specialists physician or staff
- Initial Consult: $200. Includes 75 to 90 minute in-person or remote (via video conference appointment) consultation with a Holistic Specialists physician.
- Case Review: $200. Includes the Report of Findings and a 75 to 90 minute in-person or remote (via video conference appointment) consultation with a Holistic Specialists physician.
- Regular Follow-ups: $90 for 30 minutes or $150 for 60 minutes in-person or remote (via video conference appointment) consultation with a Holistic Specialists physician.
Do you take insurance?
We take insurance on what we call a “refund policy”. Before a patients starts the Holistic Specialists consultation process the patient can complete an online insurance verification. After the first consultation our staff will submit the bill to the insurance. If the insurance pays to our practice we refund your consultation fees.
Our clinics serve the cities of Miami, Coral Gables, Doral, Hialeah, Aventura, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Weston, and Sunrise. Contact us now and we will help you implement the changes to get well and stay well with functional and evolutionary medicine.