Comprehensive Gastrointestinal Testing
“You are what you eat, absorb and eliminate.”
There are only two ways to get energy into the body: breathing and eating. It makes sense that gut issues are at the root of most diseases for this reason. It’s, in fact, rare for us clicitians to see patients without some gut issues, even those patients who aren’t complaining of gut symptoms. That is why we choose to test for gut disorders even if the patient do not complain about them.
Through the comprehensive gastrointestinal testing we can find the following issues:
- SIBO, small intestine bacterial overgrowth
- Dysbiosis or disrupted gut microbiome
- Gut infections like H. pylori and parasites
- Low stomach acid, hypochlorhydria
- Problems with enzyme and bile secretion
- Intestinal permeability
- Food intolerances
- Altered intestinal motility
- Gut-brain axis dysfunction.
This tests are not routinely run by gastroenterologist but are at the core of a comprehensive functional medicine analysis and an essential tool to treat chronic conditions and symptoms of any form.
Find the root cause of your metabolic disorder with Functional and Evolutionary Medicine, a holistic, investigative approach to healthcare that is both high-tech and high-touch.