For a healthy body, you need to have a good bacterial proportion inside your gut. There are far too many occurrences when the excessive presence of these organisms lead to brain damage, rise in thyroid, heart diseases etc. Many a problem is caused by the presence of a single cell fungus called Candida Albicans. Though this is present in many parts of a human body, including a woman’s vagina, this apparently benign organism can wreck havoc given the right environment. This yeast becomes a negative one, if you eat too much packaged carbohydrate or sugar, or take antibiotics, or birth control pills etc. unfortunately a lot of physician fail to find the origin of this yeast infection, but often such infections in the vagina, rectum, skin or nails are caused by this specific fungus.
Symptoms of the yeast infection:
Here are a few symptoms which will help you understand if you have this problem or not.
- Gaining weight and the inability of losing it
- Poor focus and loss of concentration
- Brain that becomes slow
- Various mental disorders such as anxiety, tension, stress.
- Pin in the muscles
- Symptoms before menstruation
- Cravings for sugary or refined carb rich food
- Lethargy, especially after meals
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Less sexual urge
- Itchy rectum
- Gas and the feeling of fullness
- Joint pains
- Sinus or migraine
- Dizziness or light headedness
- Depression and bouts of crying
- Body odor and smelly mouth
- Frequent throat aches
These are some of the most common symptoms that can help you identify the problem. If you have checked 8 of the boxes, you might have a problem with the fungus in your tummy. And if you have checked more than 14 then definitely your health is being affected by the overgrowth of yeast.
Causes of fungal dysbiois:
These are the major reasons that might cause Fungal Dysbiois:
- Stress that is chronic, affecting your immune system
- Pregnancy, when your hormone levels are being changed
- Diabetes, the unnatural level of blood sugar
- If you are having too much sugar, since sugar helps in the growth of yeast
- Taking antibiotics for a long time, that kills even the good bacteria
- Taking steroids or birth control pills since they mess with the hormones
- Some other environmental reasons, where toxins can decrease the immunity of your body and indirectly help in the growth of yeast.
Treating the fungal dysbiois:
- Diet: stay away from foods helping in the growth of yeast and choose a diet full of healthy and nutritious ingredients. Organic meat should be chosen over the regular one. Do not take fruit juice or dried fruit either. Initially, you will do well to avoid fruits as much as possible too. Drink plenty of water, stay away from alcohol and vinegars. You should religiously avoid those foods which you are allergic to.
- Do not take antibiotics since they kill the good bacteria too.
- Have probiotics in good quality. That helps
- Do not ignore any digestive complications
- Take medications like Fluconazole, Nystatin etc.
Apart from these if you are diagnosed with FD you can also look for alternative herbal remedies. However, it will not be prudent to ignore this condition since it can lead to major problems later.